Create custom categorizations from extra categories, without using the double ABC matrix.
Customs categorization is a supplement to your standard Double ABC categorization, adding an extra layer of information to your analyses.
- A simple setup: "Retail" vs."Products we manufacture ourselves"
- Focus on new products. Divide them into green, yellow and red categories based om performance
- Categorize your suppliers based on delivery time
Often custom categorizations are used as dataslicers to create "short cuts" and customized controls displayed on your right in ABC Analyzer.
Create a custom categorization
Example: You want to analyze your suppliers. The custom categorization consists of 4 categories, all based on delivery time
- Day-to-day delivery
- Weekly (up to 7 days)
- Long delivery (up to 30 days)
- + 1 month (more than 30 days)
Click "Add new categorization" in ABC Analyzer (top right corner)
Build your custom categorization one extra category at the time.
- Add a extra category
- Lower left corner: Choose a color and name it
- Lower right corner: Define the mathematical criteria(s)
Once you've set up all your extra categories, take the time to check all the criteria for each category and the categorization queue.
- The criteria(s) for each category is displayed at the bottom (the blue category is on display)
- The categorization queue defines the order the categories are calculated in.
- Layout: You can drag a extra category to an empty space to make them appear in the desired order
- Name your categorization (to the right)
- When done, click "OK"
Using the custom categorization & double ABC
Once you're created your custom categorization you want to bring it into play. Example: You want to identify
- Important AA-products with long delivery time (potential stock outs if you misread your customers)
- Extremely short delivery time on risky AC-products (lower your minimum stock to increase working capital)
Go to three-legged crosstable to find out how you identify AA-products with "delivery time + 1 month"