ABC Analyzer consists of a top bar, 6 tabs and a panel to your right with controls.
Each tab: Overview, Graph, KPI, Crosstable, Sum and Data, has its own topbar with local controls. Use them to manipulate how data is displayed.
To your right: Use the controls to affect data all 6 tabs. Use dataslicers & reports slicers, read more at the end of this article.
The 6 tabs
Overview displays all your products divided into the ABC categories. First time you import data, your overview is empty. Start by creating a ABC categorization
Click a number on overview, eg. 523 (AA) to see a click report.
Every number in ABC Analyzer is clickable. Eg. You can click a number on "Overview", and see which products the ABC category contains.
A click gives you a "click report" showing the products. From here you can save the report or simply close the window again.
The tab Graph displays how the products are placed in your ABC categorization. The tab is empty the first time you open it.
- Click “Draw Graph” to see how the products are distributed
- Each dot represent a product
- The long "blue tail" represent all products: Pick 12 mth= 0 and Cost value 12 mth = 0
KPI allow you set up several KPI boards and gain a detailed overview. The tab is empty first time you open it.
- Use the 3 buttons in the top of the KPI tab to add, copy or delete
- A KPI board is empty when you create it, use the dropdown to choose the content
- The "blue" highlight indicated which box you're currently editing.
On a KPI board: Click a cell to see the products in a click report
Crosstable allows you to divide your products into subgroups. Eg. See how your products are distributed among ABC categories (horisontal) and purchasers (vertical) in one view.
Setup the crosstable
- Define the vertical and horisontal axes
- And the cell content. (default it shows your ID columns / number of products)
You can sort the crosstable on both axes by clicking them. A small black arrow displays the sorting direction.
In crosstable: Click a cell to see the products in a click report
SUM resembles an advanced crosstable. Define the vertical axis and set up the view column by column. Choose the column you want to "show your data grouped by", eg per Supplier. Add the additional columns: “no. of products”, picks and revenue per product group.
NB: Views created on Sum is not saved! You may export your SUM setup to Excel.
The Data tab displays all rows and columns in your data. Use it to access all data and control the layout of the click reports
- Use the cogwheel to hide and lock columns. Drag the headlines to rearrange the columns.
Design the layout of your click report: Arrange the columns at “Data”, now all future click report will follow this layout.
Controls on your right
Categorization Your current categorization is always visible in the top right corner (screen shot below). It controls the layout of "Overview" and "KPI"
Mouse over to see the math criteria or use the controls to change the categorization, edit, copy, create a new or delete.
Below the categorization-controls, are the dataslicers situated. The buttons
- Cogwheel: Add, edit or delete dataslicers
- Report-icon: Managed and edit saved reports
- White square & red "plus": Clear all data slicers
- On/Off: Turn off dataslicers if you want to setup multiple. ABC Analyzer automatically starts calculating the new views when you setup the first dataslicer
Report slicer Choose a report to view (it turns blue). The report content is displayed in all tabs.
Dataslicers The area below the report slicer is dedicated to dataslicers. Add and edit them using the cogwheel above.