Add extra categories and tailor your categorization to fit your supply chain.
Extra categories allow you to identify and monitor specific products using mathematical criteria:
- New products Product which have been introduced within the last 12 months
- Dead products Remove “noise” by creating extra categories that hasn't moved for the last 12 months
Add extra categories
To add an extra category, click the "Extra category"-button on the right. (image below)
- Underneath the ABC matrix & highlighted blue category, add a name eg. "New products" and select a colour
- Click "Add criterion" to define the mathematical criteria for "New products"
Extra categories & calculation queue
Add as many extra categories as you want. The more you add, the more important is the "categorization queue" (button is located below the add an "Extra category"-button.)
The queue defines in which order ABC Analyzer should calculate your extra categories. All products that doesn't fit into an extra category will end up in the ABC matrix.
Commonly used extra categories
- New items Less than 180 days in stock
- Dead items Items not sold for the last 12 months, with stock value
- Phantom items Items not sold for the last 12 months, without stock value
- Buy-to-order Items that sell only a few times each year. (No. of picks 12 months below xx)
- Political items Items which the board (or the sales department) has decided you should keep in stock, no matter how badly the sell.
- Spareparts Items which you, by contract, have promised your customers always to keep in stock