The Microsoft Authenticator app provides an added layer of security for your ABC Cloud account. This guide will walk you through the process of setting up and using the app to protect your ABC Cloud account.
Step 1: Install the App
- Open your device's app store (Google Play Store for Android or the App Store for iOS).
- Search for "Microsoft Authenticator" and tap on the app.
- Click "Install" to download and install the app on your device.
Step 2: Set Up the App
- Launch the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account credentials.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
Step 3: Add an Account
- Tap the "+" or "Add Account" button within the app.
- Choose the type of account you want to add (in this case, "work/school").
- Press "Scan QR-code".
- Press Enable "2FA button". A QR will appear, and you have to scan it. It looks like this.
- The passcode is a 6 digits code that will appear in your app and change every 30 seconds. In this example, the passcode is 920 241.
Step 4: Using the App for Account Verification
- You must verify your account when signing in to ABC Cloud every time you log in.
- Open the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- You'll have to do the one-time passcode method; the app will display a six-digit code. Enter this code on the verification screen.
By following these simple steps, you can effectively use the Microsoft Authenticator app to enhance the security of your Microsoft accounts. Remember to keep your device secure and regularly update the app for the latest features and improvements.
Please note that the specific interface and options within the Microsoft Authenticator app may vary slightly depending on the version and platform you are using.