The easiest way to create a new report is to copy an existing one using the "Save as" function
If you use "Save as", the new report will inherit:
- The configuration of the blue top bar
- The set up for the report's five views (selection of columns, sorting, etc.)
- All mathematical filters and criteria
When you click save as, you must
- Name the report
- Remember! The report is your private report and your colleagues cannot see it until you publish it!
- Remember!Data slicers automatically become report criteria. I.e. if you have added slicers via the green plus sign, they will be included when you save the report.
Your new report is private until you share it with your colleagues
New reports are always private. After you have saved your new report, click the gear icon right next to the "Save as" menu. This changes its appearance. You are now in EDIT mode
A curtain menu rolls down from the top, under "Setup" on the far right you can see:
- Owner: (you)
- Status: Private / Public.
- -> Change the status to "Public"
- Add the report to the correct folder and save
- Now your colleagues can see it in "Reports"