A checklist is a highly simplified report type used in a day-to-day operation for daily, weekly or monthly tasks. It is a list of the items or customers that need your attention and that are meant to be dealt with individually.
Use checklists to make sure that your colleagues work consistently and maintain their focus on the right tasks.
- Daily checklist: Check for AA-items in back order
- Weekly checklists: Collect items that need to be returned to the supplier before the return deadline.
- Monthly checklists: New dead items. Decide what should happen with these items.
How to create results with checklists.
Begin within your area of focus. What do you want to achieve? Reduce stock or increase revenue?
- Define the purpose. For instance reduce stock of dead items and avoid that it builds up again
- Create one or several reports that match the purpose.
- New dead items (items that has just been introduced to sales department = 0.
- Dead items with a high stock value.
- Identify possibilites and permission. You have the team but what are you allowed to do? (Change sales price of item, ask marketing to boozt the item, return it to the supplier etc, send it to someone authorized to perform the tasks).
- Create personal checklists to your colleagues from the report and make checklist categories that match your permissions.
- Set up a new routine. Agree on how often the items on the lists are to be handled.
- The team leader is responsible for following up and making sure that people are performing their new tasks. Use checklists to maintain overview and keep an eye on the progression.
- Have a status meeting once a month (15 min. max). Are you seeing the progression that you wanted?
When the new routine is in place.
When you and your colleagues have defined the new work flow it is easy for your colleagues to stick to it.
On your colleagues' ABC Cloud front page they will see their checklists. And they can update them by clicking the big green button "update your checklists).
Templates: Save checklist categories.
Do you need to reuse your checklist categories because you are about to create a similar checklis for your colleagues? Then save it as a template.
In the window where you publish your checklist you have two small buttons.
- Save layout
- Open existing layouts
How to save a template
- Name the categories and choose colours.
- Click the save-icon (the grey floppy disk) above the categories.
- Name your template. For instance "clean up dead items"
Use saved templates
Next time you create a checklist:
- Access your saves templates by clicking the folder-icon and choose the template you want.
- This will update your checklist categories.
- Close the pop-up window and click save.